- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
This salmon dish is not only delicious, but it's also simple to make. Salmon is marinated in an Indian-spiced natural yoghurt, then grilled to perfection.
94 people made this
- 250g fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (5cm) pieces fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 (175g) skinless, boneless salmon fillets
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:8hr marinating › Ready in:8hr35min
- Combine the yoghurt, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, coriander, ground coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric in a resealable plastic bag. Close bag and mix everything together until evenly combined. Add the salmon and toss until well coated with the marinade; marinate overnight.
- Preheat the grill. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Remove salmon from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Place onto prepared baking tray and grill until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(67)
Reviews in English (51)
I love Indian food and I love salmon, but this combination seemed kinda weird at first. However, it smelled fantastic while it was marinating. I only had one mid-sized fresh salmon steak (I was cooking for only myself) but left the marinade as is. I supposed if I was making the full recipe I would double or add more marinade. This fish was awesome! It wasn't spicy (I held back on the cayenne and I should of added more). I always eat my salmon with lemon, and this tasted amazing on its own. I will definitely be making this one on a regular basis.-18 Jul 2007
I wish I could give this recipe six stars. I would seriously pay for this in a restaurant--it's that good. Great with fruited rice pilaf from this site.-26 Oct 2007
by healthy, but tasty
We loved this! My husband is an Indian chef. I made this for dinner one night and he really enjoyed it! (Which is saying a lot, since he's not a huge fan of fish). Even the kids ate it...but they're used to the spicy stuff. I can't imagine eating Salmon any other way after trying this recipe.-22 Mar 2008