We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
- Chocolate banana cake
Very quick and a hit for anyone that likes banana type cakes. My wee brother that's 2.5 years loves this.
Fife, Scotland, UK
18 people made this
- 200g caster sugar
- 250ml milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 80g chocolate
- 110g margarine
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 large ripe banana (or 2 medium)
- 1 egg
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Put sugar, milk, syrup, cocoa powder, chocolate and margarine in a pan and bring to the boil stirring continuously. Turn down and simmer for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then add flour and mix well.
- Mash ripe banana and add to flour and mix well, then add egg and again mix well. Place mixture in a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 55 minutes, until cake is golden brown and ready.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
Great recipe - although there was no mention of when to add the margarine?! I added it after taking the mix off the heat and it melted in perfectly.Very moist cake and the kids loved it. Allow about 1hr 20mins in total. The prep is quick but you need to let the mix cool which does add a little extra time.-19 Jan 2013
Had to change the recipe a bit as we didn't have any chocolate so added chocolate squeezy sauce in replacement for some of the golden syrup (plus a bit for good measure) and some extra coco and it worked great! It disappeared very quickly!-13 Apr 2016
Made using recipe above but put in muffin cases. Great recipe for using up old speckled bananas!-24 Jun 2014