We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Moist flapjack - kids love them after school! You don't have to peel the apples before grating them.
Yorkshire, England, UK
110 people made this
- 113g (4oz) butter
- 113g (4oz) golden syrup
- 225g (8oz) porridge oats
- 56g (2oz) self-raising flour
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 small eating apples, coarsely grated
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a small shallow baking tray with baking parchment. Melt butter and golden syrup together in a pan, over a medium heat, mix well.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, flour, cinnamon and coarsely grated apples. You don't have to peel them.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread the mixture into the baking try and level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until firm and golden brown. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into pieces, then leave to cool again. Store in tin for up to 1 week.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (16)
Altered ingredient amounts.Sugar not listed in ingredients but is in Prep. As a general rule you use the same amount (4oz in this instance) of sugar as butter/syrup. You can use granulated, soft brown, golden - each will give a slightly different taste.-25 Sep 2010
This was a very quick and easy recipe however my lot were not too keen on 'grated' apples preferring them pre-cooked as in another recipe I tried. That said, they ate them all! Thanks for the recipe😃-15 Oct 2013
Great for using up any apples. I added 2 oz of brown sugar and about the same amount of sultanas.-24 Sep 2011