We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Savoury pies and tarts
- Cheese pies and tarts
You don't see that often, a savoury tart or quiche with beetroot. It's actually delicious. If you prefer it vegetarian, just omit the bacon.
1 person made this
- For the pastry base
- 250g plain flour
- 100g butter or margarine, cubed
- 1 pinch salt
- 90ml water
- For the filling
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 50g bacon, cut into fine strips
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 350g cooked beetroot, cut into strips
- 250ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:30min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- For the pastry base add flour, butter and salt to a bowl and crumble with your fingers. Add water and quickly knead until it holds together. Cover or wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the filling heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon and leek until soft. Let cool.
- Roll out the dough to fit a 28cm tart tin (if your tart tin is smaller, it's OK too, the pastry base will be a bit thicker and bake longer).
- Scatter the beetroot on top and the leek bacon mixture on top. In a bowl whisk milk, eggs and Parmesan till well combined and slowly pour it on top.:
- Bake in the preheated oven till set and golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
Roll out the pastry between two layers of cling wrap prevents it from sticking.