- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Berry desserts
- Raspberry desserts
A deliciously different pavlova recipe, made with an almond meringue. So I've used several recipes to piece together this inventive pavlova, which was much better than the planned pie!
13 people made this
- 115g unpeeled almonds
- 275g sugar
- 6 egg whites
- few drops of natural almond extract
- 225ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bowl of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 120 C. Cut out a circle of baking parchment to fit exactly into two cake tins about 20cm in diameter.
- Toast almonds in a dry frying pan, turning them frequently to prevent burning. Allow to cool, then grind them in a food processor with half of the sugar. Mix in the natural almond extract.
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar until stiff. Fold in the almond paste. Spread the mixture evenly over the two cake tins and smooth out (not quite up to the edge of the cake tins). Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until the meringue feels dry on top .
- Remove the meringue from the oven and allow to cool. Remove the first meringue disk carefully from the baking parchment and place on a cake plate.
- Whisk the cream with the vanilla sugar until stiff, and spread on the meringue. Push raspberries a little into the cream.
- Place the second meringue disk on top and serve.