We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This is a deliciously different Italian pasta dish. Enjoy with warm garlic bread, if desired.
200 people made this
- For the Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 300g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 50ml milk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- For the Cheese Sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 120g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets (approximately)
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas 8.
- To make the meat sauce: Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the onion, carrot and garlic together. Season with the bay leaf, 1 pinch oregano, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Allow the onion to soften before making a well in the centre of the pan.
- Place minced beef in the middle of the pan and stir to break it up. Add the tomato puree and allow it to cook for 30 seconds. Cook until all the meat has browned.
- Add wine and cook off alcohol before adding the tomatoes. Leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Finally add the milk, turn off the heat and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour to make a paste. When bubbling and grainy, add 1/3 milk, whisking to prevent lumps. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, whisking as you go. Season with salt and pepper and 1 pinch ground nutmeg.
- Allow sauce to cook for 1 minute before adding the Cheddar cheese. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Spoon 1/2 the meat sauce into a large baking dish and place lasagne sheets on top.
- Pour 1/2 the cheese sauce and spread out evenly over the pasta sheets before spooning the remaining meat on top. Add the final layer of pasta and pour the remaining cheese sauce on top.
- Finish with the grated Parmesan and sprinkle with 1 pinch dried oregano. Add a light seasoning of salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (10)
This the the easiest, quickest and tastiest receipe ever! Ive just added a wee bit more garlic but otherwise everything is prefect! Thank you!!!-10 Aug 2011
I actually only used the recipe for the cheese (becamel) sauce because I already have another recipefpr lasagne but like to add the white sauce. Was delicious and brillant but I recommend using 560ml milk instead of 600ml, small difference makes bechemel less runny.-09 Oct 2011
Lasagne is my husband's favorite meal however he thought this version was "distinctly average". My bro- in-law however liked it!-16 Mar 2012